Message from Victoria Crawford, Principal Advisor On secondment to Judicial Office - Ministry of Justice
Please find to the right the draft protocols for Courts operating at level 2 for your consideration. If there are any high level concerns, or issues of communication, please let me know by 9 am Tuesday 12th. A meeting will be convened on Tuesday afternoon if needed to discuss any urgent matters, so please also signal as early as you can, if you anticipate the need for this, and if jurisdiction specific, which jurisdiction(s).
Please note the following:
- The level 2 protocols reflect the profession's feedback about safe operations.
- The level 2 protocols will come into effect from the Monday following a Government announcement: eg if the country moves to level 2 next week the protocols will take effect on 18 May.
- Changes in courts operations under the protocols will be gradual to allow court users to adapt.
- The protocols will be published on Wednesday, and may be subject to further change depending on the nature of any announcement on Monday 11th.
- The Ministry of Justice has recently provided its guidance for court users at alert level 3, which has been shared with NZLS. We hope to have similar guidance for alert level 2. This will both inform the wording in some of the protocols about the measures the Ministry is taking, and if available before the protocols are published we intend to provide a link to the MOJ guidance.
Members can provide feedback to: Victoria.Crawford@justice.govt.nz