Due to our ageing population, contracting for an occupation right agreement with retirement villages is increasingly common.
The complex and specialised nature of this area of law means that legal advice should be provided by lawyers who know how retirement villages operate and who remain current with developments in this area.
This On Demand seminar provides an essential update in developments of the law concerning occupation right agreements for those who already have some familiarity with this work and who seek to increase their understanding, remain current and so, to ensure that they provide “best practice” legal services to their clients. Particular areas of focus for the seminar include:
- advising clients/due diligence e.g. services expected, statutory entitlements, certification, documentation that should be received, reviewed and discussed;
- Variation of the Code of Practice, requiring operators to amend documents before October;
- the role of statutory supervisors, for residents as a group;
- issues to be aware of in relation to transfers within a village; and
- effect of the new Anti-Money Laundering legislation on operators and statutory supervisors.
Who should view?
This On Demand seminar is a must for those advising current residents, potential residents and operators who need to be aware of changes in this area.
On Demand feedback received
“On Demand recorded webinars are the way of the future”.
“I love the convenience of being able to stay at my desk and learn!”.
“Love On Demand with the interactive CPD component. Very user friendly and I am able to do outside of normal office hours and at home”.
When and Where