Much about what happens behind the scenes once civil proceedings are commenced in the District Court remains something of a mystery, even to seasoned litigators.
This On Demand seminar, presented by a District Court Judge, a senior barrister and a court service manager, offers a rare opportunity to discover more about the workings of the Court, and to gain a better understanding of the various stages and procedures that may be encountered on the way to a final hearing and beyond from the Court’s perspective.
It also provides invaluable insights into how to avoid the numerous pitfalls that can occur along the way.
- Gain insights into the general structure and operation of the District Court Registry, the role of case officers in following up on compliance, and how and when files get to Judges.
- Understand better how the Court and Judges deal with the triaging of proceedings, various conferences, priority fixtures, adjournments, and consent memoranda.
- Benefit from learning about what’s ahead for the everyday workings of the District Court.
Who should view?
Junior litigators who appear in the District Court and more experienced litigators who wish to gain further insights into the workings of the Court.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- The presentation was excellent.
- I really liked the practical emphasis.
- Good speakers and content.
When and Where