Although privacy issues regularly come to the fore in unfortunate circumstances, often when time is short and good decisions need to be made promptly, privacy law with its many facets (including collection, storage, security, use and disclosure of information) is ever-present – and requires appropriate focus.
With privacy concerns under increasing scrutiny in a changing world and of relevance to all areas of law, this On Demand session addresses the changes to the Privacy Act, engaging with the Commissioner, and topical issues.
- Consolidate your understanding of the fundamentals of New Zealand’s privacy law regime.
- Acquire a better understanding of the changes brought in by the new Privacy Act 2020, including the Commissioner’s approach to his new powers.
- Gain insights into how best to engage with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, particularly in respect of complaints.
- Become apprised of topical issues and of fresh resources available to assist practitioners and their clients.
- Benefit from the opportunity to have your questions answered by those at the coalface.
Who should view?
This session is relevant to all legal professionals, regardless of the area(s) of law in which they practise.
When and Where