About the Event
Many people are re-considering Trusts in their asset planning post the Trusts Act 2019 “go-live”. As a result, the focus has gone back on wills as the primary asset planning document. For too long wills have been an add-on or freebie with conveyancing or other legal work. A will is not an ordering up exercise, too much focus on what the client says they want, and not what they need can create a world of pain for executors. #nofrieswiththat
It is time to shift our focus to the value add of a good will. It is the last best thing a person can do for their loved ones. We need to be putting the time and attention into wills that they deserve, and unapologetically drafting (and appropriately charging) for Comprehensive, Complex and Bespoke Wills. #yesitisworthit
What does a good will look like? And how do you know? The acid test of a good will is after the will maker has died; does it work? Hindsight is 20:20 and this session is about a focus on foresight. Drafting practical wills that are fit for purpose and with an eye to ease of administration. #platinumwills
Led by two facilitators who are immersed in wills and asset planning as part of their daily bread (there isn’t much they haven’t seen) and who are known for their practical focus and examples-based development, this workshop will introduce you to practical tips on what to look out for in complex wills and how to draft fit for purpose wills that will stand up when they are needed. This learn-by-doing workshop will help you achieve platinum wills excellence, and give you the confidence to deliver this real and appreciable value to your clients.
Places are limited. Register now to avoid missing out.
- Learn the features of a complex will.
- Discussion of hidden pitfalls – how to recognise them and address them.
- Learn the hallmarks of good will drafting.
- Confidence in drafting complex wills and providing the advisory aspects that go with that.
- Develop your skills in the value add of a good will.
Feedback from the previous sessions included the following comments:
- “Comprehensive advice and wide range of topics.”
- “Excellent practical approach to real issues in practice.”
- “Appreciated practical examples of past client experiences and solutions we can actually implement.”
- “Very informative, loved the practical group discussions and solutions.”
Who should attend?
This workshop is of relevance to all lawyers and others in the legal field such as legal executives; but is aimed at those who particularly seek to enhance their wills drafting skills. It will most benefit those who have some experience in wills drafting who want to up-skill in complex wills.
Cancellation Policy: Please note: Due to the nature of this workshop, and in particular the need to complete pre workshop preparations our usual cancellation policy will not apply. Registrations can be cancelled up to 15 working days before the date of the workshop upon which a refund will be made less an administration fee. No refunds will be made after that time.
When and Where
9:00 AM - 12:45 PM,
15 Sep 21
Save to my Calendar
- Chancery Chambers, 2 Chancery Street, Auckland, New Zealand