About the Event
Please use this page to book to attend via In Person.
If you wish to attend via Live Stream please click here.
This will be a practical session on how to be counsel in parole hearings (also a refresher for those who have not done them for a while) covering:
- The test for parole (and sample submissions).
- Legal aid billing for Parole.
- Tips and tricks for clients to prepare for their hearings.
- Safety and release planning and whanau hui.
- AVL appearances.
- Residential restrictions reports.
- Extended board hearings for life imprisonment/ PD.
- The rest for recall hearings and how to conduct them.
- Rehabilitation programmes- private and in prison.
- The use of private psychologists to prepare risk assessments.
Attendees will be provided with a set of sample documents including legal aid amendments to grant, sample submissions and sample psyc reports.
- Learn what your clients need to do to get parole.
- Learn about extended board hearings and parole recall hearings.
- Understand the legal tests, how to apply them practically and prepare submissions in support.
- Learn how to conduct parole hearings as legal counsel and how to prepare your clients to succeed.
- Come away with a sample submissions, legal aid amendments to grant and psyc reports.
Who should attend?
All lawyers who want to achieve core competency in Parole work. This is a good refresher for those who already practise in this area or wish to return.
When and Where
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM,
05 Aug 21
Save to my Calendar
- Chancery Chambers, 2-8 Chancery Street, Auckland City, New Zealand