This On Demand seminar examines the twists and turns a case can take in its final stages when a case is disposed of.
It provides guidance on how to prepare your client for what will – or could still be – in store and helps attendees manage the important issues which can arise in an efficient, practical way in accordance with the High Court or District Court Rules.
You will learn about:
- The different forms of judgment and the steps which may be taken in respect of a judgment – including sealing, notification, recall, setting aside, variation, satisfaction, and enforcement.
- Managing your client’s expectations before and after the receipt of a judgment.
- The implications of partial success.
- The effect of non-compliance with orders in a judgment.
- Claims for interest and the basis for them.
- Costs issues including the kinds of costs awards which may be available under the rules – applying for increases from scale, costs against counsel and costs on specific issues.
Who should view?
All lawyers who act in civil and commercial litigation.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- The booklets are useful and well presented.
- Everything was done well.
When and Where