About the Event
What does the recent Court of Appeal decision in Broadbent really mean for residential care subsidies, and how should practitioners be advising their clients in the light of it?
This On demand webinar provides insights into the decision (it doesn’t answer everything), its effect on residential care subsidies, and where applicable, guidance on advising clients going forward.
The question as to whether greater consideration needs to be given to benefits from assets gifted to trusts or sold with a debt back that is forgiven is also considered.
- Learn more about the findings in Broadbent, whether it has really changed anything, and its implications for clients.
- Understand better how the Security Appeal Authority might determine an appropriate calculation methodology.
- Gain insights into what interest calculations on debt back may look like.
Who should view?
All lawyers practising in the area of family, trust and elder law.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- The discussion between Vicki and Theresa was really interesting and easy to follow. They both explained complicated aspects of the topic in plain English and concentrated on highly relevant issues.
- Excellent and comprehensive paper, and the webinar logically followed the paper, but picked up on certain points or summarized other points.
- Handouts are excellent resource materials. Presenters were excellent.
When and Where