A company constitution is often considered to be a standard template document, but the type of document which is suitable to a particular company can differ significantly and will be influenced by factors like:
- whether there is a separate shareholders’ agreement;
- whether there are different types of shareholders (including whether the company has financial investors);
- the number of shareholders (key thresholds being 10 and 50);
- whether the company is a Code Company under the Takeovers Code or listed on the stock exchange; and
- whether the company is a subsidiary.
This On Demand webinar covers the key variables which will be influenced by these factors, including issues like:
- whether pre-emptive provisions are appropriate for share transfers and new share issuances;
- different approaches to pre-emptive provisions;
- what are ‘drag along’ and ‘tag along’ provisions, are they desirable and what are the suitable thresholds for them to apply?;
- different approaches to governance, including how the board of directors is appointed; and
- what decisions should require approval of a special majority and whether that should be at board or shareholder level.
- Improve your understanding of the factors that will influence the type of constitution that will be right for a particular company.
- Gain insights into the resulting key variables for your client.
- Enhance your knowledge of how to tailor your constitution for the specific type of client for whom you are acting.
Who should view?
Corporate/Commercial lawyers and general practitioners. Accountants and directors may also benefit from viewing.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- Delivery and informative overview of company constitution.
- Good coverage of different topics in a relatively short time.
- Clear concise presentation.
When and Where