About the Event
Over a year has passed since the shake-up of New Zealand’s overseas investment laws. What does the landscape look like and what are the challenges facing practitioners and their clients going forward? What lies ahead for Phase Two and beyond?
In a complex area of law, where errors can have significant effects, presenters from the Overseas Investment Office with expertise across a range of aspects of the regime will provide guidance on how to safely navigate this area and share their insights into key topics and the process for getting consent.
- Become more familiar with the Overseas Investment regime, its processes, timeframes that need to be factored in and key drivers for getting consent.
- Gain insights into how you might be able to do things more effectively.
- Develop a better understanding of key issues that cause problems for practitioners and their clients, such as residential applications, developers’ exemptions, the meaning of “associate”, the threshold for national benefit and the counterfactual test.
- Learn more about what lies ahead for the regime and the part legal professionals play in it.
Who should attend?
The Overseas Investment regime is critical knowledge for every legal professional involved in domestic, commercial and rural conveyancing, as well as overseas investment in key industries.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- Informative across the Act and the upcoming changes.
- Very interesting.
Purchases of On Demand activities cannot be refunded, please choose carefully. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and Where