About the Event
Actions can be brought against Directors personally by one or more of the following persons:
- a shareholder;
- the Company;
- a liquidator;
- a regulator (for example the IRD); and
- a holder of a personal guarantee.
This On Demand webinar outlines these actions, the consequences, and the practical and legal steps a Director can take to reduce the likelihood of a claim being brought, to improve the chances of successfully defending it and to mitigate its impact on their personal assets if the action is successful.
Benefit from a greater understanding of:
- where the risks can arise and how to structure the affairs of a Director so as to minimise any impact;
- the approach that claimants typically adopt in pursuing actions and some successful strategies in defending them;
- the protections that:
- a Company can employ for its directors (including indemnification and insurance), and their limits; and
- a director can personally implement, including to quarantine any losses incurred.
Who should view?
Corporate/Commercial Lawyers and General Practitioners at all levels, as well as those who provide advice to Directors and owners are likely to find this topic of interest. Accountants, Insolvency Practitioners and Financial Advisers will also benefit from attending.
When and Where