About the Event
With franchising having ballooned in popularity as a method of business growth, so too have the number of franchise disputes. All too often complaints and disputes arise due to franchisees not realising what they have actually signed up for.
This On Demand webinar covers the lawyer’s input at various stages of the ‘franchise lifecycle’:
- Due diligence review of franchise agreements for potential franchisees.
- Acting for vendor, purchaser or franchisor on the sale of a franchised business.
- Consideration of common franchise disputes, such as:
- complaints about the quality of franchisor support and services;
- enforceability of restraint of trade;
- breach and termination,
and how best to resolve these.
- Gain a better understanding of the current law relating to franchise set-up and disputes.
- Receive practical advice on how to step through the legal pitfalls for franchisees and franchisors to ensure clients have realistic pre-contractual expectations.
- Become better placed to advise clients about options for avoiding and resolving disputes that arise during and at the end of the franchise relationship.
Who should view?
General practitioners and commercial lawyers advising franchisees or franchisors; lawyers with an interest in franchising. Accountants and business brokers with an interest in franchising may also benefit from viewing.
When and Where