The Trustee’s Handbook is a must have for trustees, trust advisers and anyone involved with administering trusts.
This fifth edition includes more than 150 precedent minutes and resolutions. The precedents reflect day-to-day decisions that trustees make and matters that trustees need to take into consideration.
As well as references to contemporary case law, the book includes comprehensive and practical checklists to guide trustees as they go about the everyday business of being a trustee.
Topics covered include:
- the practical implications of the Trusts Act 2019
- default and mandatory decisions
- ascertaining beneficiary needs
- AML/CFT, FATCA and CRS
- source of wealth considerations
- factors to consider when deciding whether to accept appointment as a trustee
- whether or not to act personally or through a corporate trustee
- important set-up procedures for administration
- decision making
- how to exercise powers of investment
- how to ratify decisions
- gifting considerations
- how to retire as a trustee
- important considerations about mental capacity.
Who should buy this book:
This book will be an invaluable guide for anyone advising a trustee, anyone considering acting as a trustee or a trustee who wants to fully understand the obligations they have taken on.
A book by Vicki Ammundsen