Commercial Application of Company Law in New Zealand focuses on the ordinary events and issues faced by companies and their advisers, and explains the law in a plain English style that is accessible and relevant.
The fifth edition has been fully revised. In particular, it addresses the changes flowing from the creation of the Financial Markets Authority and the passage of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013, including the downstream amendments to the Companies Act 1993 (new Part 11) and the Companies Amendment Act 2014.
Topics covered include:
- functions and structure of companies
- company management
- consequences of mismanagement
- company reporting and disclosure under new Part 11 of the Companies Act
- company finance
- companies and outsiders
- The Financial Markets Authority
- The Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.