The Committee also keeps a watching brief on case law under the Harmful Digital Communications Act. Each year committee members draft articles containing expert commentary on a wide range of technology and law issues for a special technology and law edition of LawNews.
Committee members, October 2022 – September 2024:
- Lloyd Gallagher – Managing Partner, Gallagher & Co Consultants (Committee Convenor)
- Edwin Lim – Partner, Hudson Gavin Martin
- Steven Moe – Partner, Perry Field Lawyers
- Amy Kingston-Turner – Director, Source Legal Partners
- Andrew Easterbrook – Director, Webb Ross McNab Kilpatrick
- Tegan Hall – Associate, Gallaway Cook Allan
- Philip McHugh – Lawyer, Grayson Clements
- Luke Han – Solicitor, MinterEllisonRuddWatts
Equal Justice Project (EJP) student representatives on the Committee, 2023 calendar year:
- Avneet Bin, Law student at the University of Auckland
Interested in joining the Committee?
Applications for Committee membership for October 2022 – September 2024 have closed. However if you remain interested in joining, please email Committee.Secretary@adls.org.nz.
- ADLS Submissions on the FVPC (Urgent Interim Classification of Publications and Prevention of Online Harm) Amendment Bill (March 2021)
- ADLS Submissions to NZ Commerce Commission on the Copper Withdrawal Code (July 2020)
- ADLS Submissions to the Privacy Commissioner on the Telecommunications Information Privacy Code Amendment No 7 (July 2020)