This practical handbook provides a clear and concise outline of the law relating to trusts, wills, executors and administrators. It is a valuable resource for students, junior legal staff and the general public.
The ninth edition is fully updated to incorporate the significant changes resulting from the Trusts Act 2019 and includes coverage of the new duties imposed on trustees.
Topics covered include:
- gifts under wills
- executors and administrators
- Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act
- the functions of a personal representative
- succession on intestacy
- the application of assets in payment of debts
- introduction to trusts
- introduction to asset and tax planning
- revocation and avoidance of trusts
- the administration of insolvent estates.
The text updates the law to 1 April 2022. References to relevant cases are also included throughout the book to help illustrate legal concepts.