Raynor Asher KC is seeking a part-time legal assistant to support him in his practice to replace his existing support who has moved to fulltime legal practice. Raynor’s work spans a broad arbitration/mediation and civil practice, duties as Chair of the New Zealand Media Council, and continued judicial work as a Court of Appeal Judge in Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Samoa, and the Pitcairn Islands.
The role is for variable hours, and a successful candidate will require good time management and organisational skills. Candidates will need to be flexible and able on occasions to work out of ordinary hours.
In summary a successful candidate will have:
- Good time management and organisational skills
- A wish to develop a deep understanding of and experience in legal practice, particularly civil litigation
- Well-developed and recognised research and communication skills
- Excellent levels of proficiency with all aspects of technology relating to a legal practice and business administration, and the willingness to learn preferred methodologies and technologies
- A sound academic foundation
- Completed the Part II and preferably Part III papers
The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure to the inner workings of a varied and engaging high-level legal practice. They will have the opportunity to learn from a practitioner with experience at every level of the legal system. A candidate that fully engages with the role will find a high learning ceiling, with the role representing an opportunity to be fully immersed in the practical workings of the law while still studying.
To express your interest in this role, please submit your CV, Cover Letter, and Academic Transcript to email@example.com. This opportunity will expire on Friday 15 September 2023 at 8:30am.